Find out the best modem router combo for your Comcast Internet connection here.
Comcast internet by Xfinity provides reliable fast internet speed. It promises high-speed even at peak time. Along with this, the company offers an xFI Gateway modem router combo for $14/month. This may be a good option for someone who is just testing out the internet service for a few months. But for a long term basis, it proves costly.
Can I use my own modem and router with Xfinity?
There is a list of devices that are compatible with Xfinity internet or voice service. Before purchasing any modem or router, use the following link to check whether the device is approved or not.
3 Big Reasons Why to purchase Modem Router combo is a Good Option?
$14/month means $168 per year. This amount can be saved by using the modem router combo for Xfinity.
Speed & Range
Get better Wifi speed & range with high tech routers and antenna technology. Moreover, enjoy fast streaming, gaming, etc with improved connection speed.
The purchased device can be used with other internet provides too. Most of the routers discuss can also be used with popular internet providers like Spectrum, COX, Fios, etc.
Here are the fastest modem router combos for Comcast internet that are the ideal alternative for the company’s $14/month offer.
All the devices discussed are approved and compatible with Xfinity services. For more info, click here.
Netgear Night Hawk C7100V
The NETGEAR C7100V is one of the best modem router combos with XFINITY Voice. This cable modem router gives you a high-speed Internet connection with combined speeds of up to 1.9Gbps† coupled with AC1900 WiFi. Furthermore, it supports two XFINITY Voice telephone lines with battery backup. The device is approved for internet plans up to 500 Mbps.
NETGEAR C7100V is easy to set up via NETGEAR Nighthawk – WiFi App. The mobile app lets you access the router’s features and manage the wifi network from your phone. You can download the application from the link below according to your respective device:
- Up to 960Mbps modem speed and Dual-Band AC1900 (2.4GHz & 5GHz) WiFi speed from built-in Router
- Optional battery backup for power outages with up to 8 hours of standby and 5 hours of talk time. It must be noted that the battery backup is only for phone function.
- 2 Voice over IP (VoIP) Ports and 4 Gigabit Ethernet Port.
The Comcast approved Motorola MG7500 promises high speed and support to cover up your internet need. Moreover, Wireless Power Boost adds high-performance WiFi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals All this makes Motorola MG7550, one of the best modem router combos for Comcast internet.
Activate the device by either calling or opening the web browser of your computer that is plugged into the device port. In case you are opening the web browser from your mobile phone, then use the network name and password printed on the bottom of MG7550.
- 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem+AC1900 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router
- AC2600 dual-band WiFi
- 4 Gigabit LAN ports
- DFS Feature that allows the use of low-traffic WiFi channels to lowered the interference from neighbors.
- Four external adjustable antennas provide performance for both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz connections.
- USB 3.0 port with DLNA media sharing support
- parental controls,
- Guest network capability
Netgear Nighthawk C7000
The device is priced lowest among the 3 modem router combos we discussed yet it is certified with Xfinity offering speeds up to 600Mbps. Netgear Nighthawk C7000 provides Wifi Speeds of up to 1.9Gbps. This provides an interruption-free Youtube, NETFLIX, gaming experience, and much more.
NETGEAR C7000 is setup and can be controlled using the NETGEAR Nighthawk – WiFi App.
- DOCSIS 3.0—Up to 24 times faster cable Internet speeds than 2.0
- CHANNEL BONDING—Extremely fast cable Internet speeds during peak hours
- GIGABIT WIFI—Next-generation WiFi now at Gigabit speeds
- GIGABIT WIRED—Ideal for HD gaming & video
- PROCESSOR—1.6GHz combined processor boosts wireless, wired, and WAN-to-LAN
Every router-modem combo mentioned will do the job for you but you should consider factors like Comcast internet plan, security, speed, and price to finalize your purchase.
Check Also: Top 5 Best Modem Router Combo for Cox Internet